Thursday, February 03, 2005

Hockey...errr

I personally believe that it will be awhile until the player's union and hockey owners come up with a deal to save their sport. I'm thinking now that they might be out 2 seasons total and that's a shame, especially Mike Modano who'll be out approximately $16 million if recollection serves me right.

Read about it: Lock Out

You might want to kill me for saying this but I kinda equate hockey to college basketball...I just can't seem to get turned on to the season until the playoffs or tourament/NIT arrives. Don't get me started on Dallas Stars ticket prices...

Kito's Corner sounds off with more NHL observations:
"The thing with hockey is that nobody cares in America except for a few fans in Detroit. I say fold the whole league and start from scratch. Set up 20 teams in the cities and go back to the NHL roots in Canada. Too many Canadian teams left their cities (where the fans are) for Miami, Orlando, Phoenix, LA, Anaheim, Memphis, Carolina (where the money was). Hockey isn't popular in the US besides a few pockets - like Michigan and the New England area. Stick to Canada and those areas and they'll be all-right - but no way could they ever compete with the NFL, MLB, or NBA. The only winner out of this strike is ESPN. They're not forced to pay the NHL their broadcasting fee but are still charging the same fees to the cable companies. Their profit must be soaring. "

Mavs win 2 nights straight, a rare occurence:
Win over Hornets


Who would've thought, 4 major football recruiting services differ in opinion? Of all I'd have to say scout.com might be the one most off-target but check it out for yourself:
Scout Rankings


A buddy of a buddy of mine plays drums in a great jam-type band Confusatron. They'll be playing at the Wreck Room this Saturday with Pablo and the Hemphill 7. If I didn't have to go to a wedding that night I'd definitely be part of the action. You can also check out Confusatron Sunday nights at the Black Dog Tavern on Throckmorton in downtown Ft. Worth. Confusatron

Have a good one - Jake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home