Thursday, April 07, 2005

Trial over, Music this weekend, Gift to myself

Sarah Hepola notes in the Dallas Observer that a 19-year sentence has been given to Jesse Craddock for assault in Deep Ellum: read about it here. Good stuff that bands like the Old 97's have raised money for David Cunniff by playing benefit gigs. Hopefully Ellum will be a decent place to hang out again...

Head on over to the Wreckroom on 7th Street in Ft. Worth tomorrow for a benefit show for Cory Helms, the Chemistry Set bassist that was recently diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease. Other acts on the bill include Collin Herring and Calhoun.

I got my new soundcard yesterday, woohoo! I still have to get a couple more patch cables and I'll be up and recording. Which reminds me, I really hate Guitar Center. I'd rather sit through hours of insurance seminars than work there (anyone catch the movie reference there?)

1 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger HOP said...

Old97s are great in so many ways! Chemistry Set with Steve previously of the Grand Street Cryers. Check out Tim Locke if you get the chance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home