Monday, March 21, 2005

Late afternoon post re: Nellie, NCAA hoops

3 Big 12 teams still in respective tournaments:

Texas Tech and Oklahoma State survive and enter the Sweet 16 with games Thursday, A&M stays alive for Wednesday and will face St. Joe's/Holy Cross winner for a trip to NYC.

TCU and Western Michigan square off tonight to see who stays in the NIT, who goes home.


Nellie out as Mavs Coach, Avery Johnson in: This really didn't come as a shock to me. I'm sure his exodus was a combination of many things: 1) His wife's declining health, 2) His contract would have been up next year anyway, 3) His continued lack of motivation in regard to his players (even he admitted it was tough to reach certain players), 4) general Cuban factors. Many people will be happy, many will be sad, but I'm actually indifferent right now...but I may change my mind about it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home