Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Nerds rejoice, Rangers lose out on Beckett sweepstakes




I am part of the nerd faction after watching 2 hours of the XBox 360 debut last night on G4, but frankly, until I see this thing hooked up to an HDTV I am unimpressed. Call of Duty 2 looks cool but all the other previews looked very ho-hum.

In baseball related news (and no surprise in my opinion), the Rangers lost out in the Josh Beckett sweepstakes but I don't think you can fault their effort. They dangled Blalock and a top pitching prospect in front of the Marlins but they decided to do what everyone else in the league does, give him to the Red Sox. Bastages...

Per the Newberg Report (link on right), pure greatness:

"I hate Boston, I hate the Yankees, and I understand why lots of people hate the Cowboys. This would have been a little easier to take (though not alot) if it were the Cardinals who swooped in and got the deal done, or the White Sox. But I'm sick of Boston and the Yankees ending up every year with basically whomever they want.

It's demoralizing. The market for free agent pitching is relatively thin this year, meaning that A.J. Burnett and some others are likely to be paid more than they should be, reminiscent of the Chan Ho Park winter. "...please God no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home