Thursday, March 23, 2006

Big Dick Hunter Greatness...re: MySpace

Found this over at Big Dick's Blog, I've never got the whole MySpace thing, but then again, most don't get the blog thing either...

My Space, we have a problem.

Alright, I'm going to go public with this.For the last six months or so, I have had a My Space page. For the last few months of last year I did nothing with it, mainly securing it as a preemptive measure to keep some gay troller from locking up the name "Big Dick Hunter". Mission accomplished, or so I thought.

There are so many damn people on that thing that once you log on, the chances of plugging the guy's name that sat next to you in honors English and coming up with a hit are better than not. Even though I didn't publicize it, a few people searched me out, and next thing you know I had "friend" requests. I threw a few pictures and a blog entry on it, but the page was taking a clear low rung on my on line priority ladder behind BigDickHunter.net and this offshoot blog. As I watched my nomadic brother in law and podcast star Brent spend hours building his page in an effort to get laid, I realized the value in building the page for exposure ... Albeit a different variety than his.

The more that I answered questions for page profiles and searched for random photos to upload, the more I noticed that almost without exception, every friend request that I was getting was a dude. That, coupled with the eponimous url, was making the whole thing look kinda gay. I decided to embrace the gimmick, and that is when I claimed that I was blogging while listening to Clay Aiken's "Measure Of A Man". A few month's removed from that crossroads, the friends gallery is filling up and it's a whole lot of penis.

So my thought is this ... Do I keep it a boys' club, denying the few female requests that I do get and risking a boycott from my friend Martha Burke? Or ... Do we go coed and stop with the whole "double life" image that I have been perpetrating throughout my radio exile? You can see the ways that the down time has started to effect my thoughts.

3 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jake's favorite part, "a whole lot of penis"!

 
At 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sci Fi don't knock the myspace 'til you try it.

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if it looks gay and it smells gay....than your gay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home