Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Drums and Money

So I stroll into Guitar Center yesterday, a place I despise, to get a couple cables and a set of electric strings to re-string my neglected Mexican strat. I walk around for awhile, the place is a mess, another reason to avoid it completely. Out of nowhere, I hear some beats coming out of the drumroom. Weird time signatures, jazz-big band sounds eminate so I look to see who's playing. A young black man, couldn't be more than 10 years old. Stunned. He, his dad and myself leave around the same time and I couldn't help thinking --- If I were a multi-millionaire, I would've bought this kid the drumkit of his choice if his father ok'd it. Hope the boy keeps his head on his shoulders instead of the clouds. We don't need another musician out there like that...

Check out Adam's Texas Rangers Blog if you haven't yet at LoneStarBall.

We agree on the season thus far to a T.


The Dallas Stars lose Game 3 against Anaheim last night. Guess that 'blackout' didn't work as expected.


Go Stars!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home