Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to the very few of you that actually read this dribble I call a blog. I have much to be thankful for, especially this year, it's been a hard one.

Lost my grandmother earlier in the year who lived to be 94 year old matriarch. I got to see her in the hospital in Dallas shortly before she passed. I'm thankful for that. She didn't want me to leave her hospital bedroom. I didn't know she'd leave us so soon. She had her faults like we all do but 99.9% of her was all love. Great conversationalist, great bridge player. She's with her husband now. Better places, better places.

Lost my mother's boyfriend very early this year. Good guy and very smart, I wish I could have known him longer.

Lost one of my dogs a couple months ago. That was hard, especially on my other dog Mary. Anyone that tells you that caring for dogs isn't like caring for children either doesn't own dogs or isn't a good pet owner. Peace Casper.

Sorry, I didn't want this post to be a downer, in fact, even hard times make you thankful in some way. Whether family, friends, or even pets, everyone has something to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving.

1 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said Jake..Happy Thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home