Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Nice Random Entry

Mobile Phones:

Much to the anticipation of many fanboys out there, Apple unveiled the iPhone 3G yesterday and will be sold beginning July 11th. Apparently the major additions were 3G capability, GPS and a 'lower' price. What Apple failed to mention was that monthly data plans will increase by $10 every month.

I'm really not sure if I want to opt-out of my contract for one of these bad boys. My phone bill is around $90-100 a month currently and if I get an iPhone it would probably increase to $120/month or so. Any plan over $100 seems a little excessive to me. Besides, RIM is supposed to release the Blackberry Bold and Sony-E with the Xperia. Both will impress I'm sure. I guess I'll hang onto the phone I have now and see.

Music:

I haven't been to any live shows as of late but you need to check out The Rivercrest Yacht Club if you have a moment. Apparently, via Ken, Lucas White will be taking over drums for the group. If they're anywhere close to as good as their MySpace clips live, I'm so there, especially with the talented Lucas on board. Nice guy, better drummer :)

Sports:

Yesterday Ken Griffey Jr. hit his 600th homerun, virtually assuring his hall of fame induction. This is the guy that I thought years ago would shatter all the homerun records but due to various injuries, he will not. I also think Griffey is one of the most naturally gifted players I've ever seen play, unfortunately, his legacy will be cast around as one of the 'steroid era', which he probably never put in his body. Bittersweet moment indeed.

Check out a great forum here along with LoneStarBall for excellent baseball analysis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home