Thursday, December 08, 2005

I told the Grammy folks not to exclude this album!

Field 10 - Jazz Category 45 - Best Contemporary Jazz Album (For albums containing 51% or more playing time of INSTRUMENTAL tracks.):

• Keystone Dave Douglas [Greenleaf Music]

• Soulgrass Bill Evans [BHM Productions]

• The Way Up Pat Metheny Group [Nonesuch]

• The Spirit Music Jamia: Dance Of The Infidel Meshell Ndegeocello [Shanachie Entertainment Corp.]

• Momentum Joshua Redman Elastic Band [Nonesuch]



I wanted them to try, try and leave 'The Way Up' off the list. If they would have left it off, I would go hide in a corner and become the Howard Hughes of jazz music. Anyone looking for a great instrumental jazz disc has to check this album out. It may not be your cup of tea but I'd be willing to bet you'll respect it.

Also, is that Diana Krall a good good? You be the judge
here.

2 Comments:

At 5:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my grandfather is looking for a good jazz album, anything you could recommend?

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Jake said...

I don't know if you're bagging on me but I'll bite: Anything by The Yellowjackets is a start

 

Post a Comment

<< Home