Monday, May 16, 2005

Birthday Banter



Right after I titled this little entry I noticed that it doesn't really describe the way I feel when most birthdays come up. Come Wednesday, the 'ol 27 hits me. I guess it doesn't particularly sound worse than 26 and it for sure it won't come close to what 30 will sound like when it arrives. A bag of bricks...

No, I neither feel depressed, particularly exuberated or indifferent over my new age. I don't think 27 will make me get into first day of the rest of your life mode either and I won't try and analyze where I'm at in an omni-sense. All in all I can't complain where I'm at now. I don't have to worry about getting shot at in Iraq, I live in the greatest nation in the world and I've lived this long which are blessings in and of themselves.

Sure, I'd love to still be playing the club scene, ideally with a superb jazz band. I will be able to record at home for demo purposes which is good. Ideas are good even if they happen to be bad ideas. Gettin' philosophical on you...

Positive Thinking...

2 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger HOP said...

Jake, I love you!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Jake said...

Love you too honey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home