Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Rangers tussle, Poker article per CNNSI

So apparently catcher Ron Barajas and Ryan Drese got into a little confrontation yesterday against the Royals because Barajas was unhappy with Drese's pitch selection. You can read about it on Adam's excellent site here.


An interesting poker read can be found here. If I had to rank myself as a poker player (in general, most are usually better at different games than others), I'd say I'm not quite lower-upper range of play but I can usually make average players go back to their wallets, which doesn't say much, if you care about this subject at all. The math of the game usually comes easy to me and I rely on it pretty heavily, I'm a bad feel player. I will put players to a decision early in the hand, but it's likely I have a nice pocket pair or suited connectors I especially favor. Thing is at this point in my game I'm afraid of the flop and its 2 siblings. A lot of the time I'd rather take my chances and think to myself that you don't have a higher pocket pair than I do and hope you don't run into an A or K but that's flawed logic. I love going to war, I guess that's the gist.

I rather enjoy the crops of poker groups or crews popping up lately. You might as well only start one of these with the best players you know, no exceptions. Poker is a selfish game and the name of the game is power, found in # of chips. You can only play for yourself and if you're no good your crew suffers because your not reliable enough to get in your wins so each member can get a piece of the cut. Sure, if you're playing at the same table it could turn into a Rounders situation: "Like the Nature Channel, you don't see pirahnas eating each other", but that's a movie, though not as bad as Tilt, which really sucked...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home