Monday, June 20, 2005

How to plan on doing one thing and end up at another

What a weird weekend: First, planned on going out to Lone Star Park for the horses and some Cross Canadian Ragweed but after a lot of buddies bailed, I followed suit. Instead, I decided to go to a friend's house to chill, grill out and enjoy a beverage or 30 and payed for it the next morning. Which leads me to Saturday...can you say golf on tv all day??? I pretty much mailed it in that night because I would've been hospitalized for liver failure if I went out.

Sunday, Father's Day: Day's all about pops, grill him some steaks with the new grill and I think I cooked them a little too long. The night ends up lasting way longer than I expected so I didn't make it out to the supposed Ft. Worth Weekly Music Awards. BTW, I just checked out Cindy's excellent site this morning (TexasGigs.com) and she notes that it was merely a "showcase", not an actual performance, handout awards variety deal. The actual awards go out this Saturday (25th) at a "private" location...hmm...weird. I really wanted to beat myself up about not being able to go last night cause the excellent Old 97's and Collin Herring were playing but damnit, the Weekly straight up tricked everyone. I looked at their site this morning again and it listed last night's hoorah as the "Fort Worth Music Family Reunion". It should have been a little more forthcoming but visit the site here or at TexasGigs for an update about this Saturday, the "real" awards show...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home