Monday, January 09, 2006

Post-bar dialing...heh no, post-bar texting

When you get to be somewhat of an old-fogey like me you're supposed to know better than place the 'drunk-dial'; calling someone from your cellphone when you're in no condition to be talking. It's more like a babble that takes place, funny when both people on the line are hammered, not so funny finding out the next day that you called someone way past the time that is prudent.

That's why I don't do that. I do something much better, I 'drunk-text'.

I'm a big fan of the 'drunk-text'. There are so many possible ways to get out of awkward scenarios the next day it's not even funny. 'That was an old message, accidentally sent' or 'I didn't mean to send that to you' or 'that was forwarded to me, I forwarded it to the wrong person'. Pure gold. It is the George Costanza of the electronic world: as a result you may have to become a better liar, but the messages you leave (especially to females late at night, hint hint), can be profound.

4 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[IMG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e48/a4m201/157007146_l.gif[/IMG]

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So since you have confessed are the messages going to continue???? I've grown quite fond of them on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings!!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Jake said...

I think you mean Saturday night, not Sunday morning, not by my books!

 
At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The morning (when I wake up) is when I usually get them , now who's the crackhead. Love u

 

Post a Comment

<< Home