Tuesday, January 22, 2008

So I've decided to become a professional...

Kalimba player. For you folks at home, a kalimba is basically a thumb piano that is played with...your thumbs.

Ever since I ran across a couple YouTube videos of kalimba playing and Pat Metheny's DVD of 'The Way Up' I've taken to the instrument. I ordered one with a built in pickup so I can plug it into an amp and get some psy-adelica tunes a rockin'.


This is the one I bought, a nice little 8 note piece:


By the way, thought I'd let all you Funkytown cats know that the greatness of Swan Song is playing live at Sarah's Place off Camp Bowie this Friday, Jan. 25th. (817) 731-7337 for details.

2 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Blogger BACM said...

Still waiting on my copy to be burned.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Jake said...

Shoot me your address again. I just got some CDR's so it should be easy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home