Monday, January 07, 2008

Two Dark HitMan Movies

Those that know me relatively well know that I don't go out much to see movies in the theater and usually stick with my DVD collection for the classics. I decided during the weekend to buck the norm and grab a couple movies which, for the most part, were ho hum. That, however, wasn't the weirdest thing about my choices (both involve murderers, and serial at that).

Zodiac wasn't a particularly bad film and made some critics best of 2007 lists. I didn't think the movie was that great, especially knowing that the police never captured the Zodiac or without question knew who he was. I did like the acting and the screenplay though, especially with trouble-ridden Robert Downey, Jr., still a hell of an actor. It just seemed to drag on, Gyleenhaal became more and more obsessed with the killer and except for Downey, all other characters seemed underdeveloped.

So last night I skipped SuperBad again (which I hear is greatness) and rent the moderately reviewed Mr. Brooks starring Kevin Costner. Pretty good acting by Costner here, however, the movie just reminded me too much of American Psycho and especially got over the top at the end. Not exactly a time waste but certainly not that great.

I just need to remind myself next time before I have a movie weekend that I need to go online first and see what to rent. SuperBad, here we come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home