Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Plans and Civil Duties

Halloween weekend...good times to be part of the apartment life because you don't get harassed by kids, etc. Should I leave some candy out?

I don't have any plans tonight but I'm heading off to Dallas tomorrow to celebrate my mom's birthday. All of my other siblings will be out of town so I thought I'd garner up a few heaven points and eat with her tomorrow and see my nephew in the process.

I met my neighbor for lunch downtown yesterday and afterwards we went and hit the booths for early voting. After I left work I called my father and explained that voting this time may have been one of the toughest choices I've had to make during my short-lived voting life. Usually I'm one to keep my views to myself but my neighbor and I had a little giggle after voting because we basically cancelled each other's vote out. Well, at least I don't have to defend myself from voicing opinion (not that I do) cause I did vote, jackass.

I'm for a system where some form of intelligence exam or test is needed before you can procreate or vote. For the most part people are sheep and if you need any evidence please pick up 'Our Dumb World' published by The Onion.

Bickering aside, I'm ready for a chill weekend and I hope you have the same.

My prediction for the Sat. matchup - Texas 27, Tech 31. Enjoy the box in Lubbock Dad and Sis. I'll be there next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home