Monday, June 27, 2005

Top 10 Unbreakable Sports Records, Economists supporting the legality and taxation of Mota

I stumbled upon this list of the Top 10 Unbreakable Sports Records. It fails to list DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak (#1 on my list/which I think will never be broken) but it at least mentions it in the leading paragraph. (BTW, who is the woman at the bottom of page 2?...hello)

For those of you that don't know, my degree in college was in economics and I look at the subject with fascination. Funny thing is that in high school I got a 39 on my first economics test but continued to pursue it after trying the pre-vet route in college. I realize that many people out there hated those macro and micro classes they were forced to take with a bored sigh. I'm more into the 'macro' aspects of the subject, the real life examples, arguing with people who insist on raising the minimum wage...I could go on forever.

This article is pretty cool too. I don't smoke 'the pot' myself but I believe this country should focus on bigger problems rather than busting Joe the Hippie or some elderly woman that uses marijuana to treat glaucoma. Evidently, some of my peers agree. Benefits versus Costs people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home