Thursday, July 14, 2005

WSOP field, Big D

The field is now down to less than 50 players. I was beginning to think the greatness of John Juanda was going to slowly build his stack and be the favorite to win but he got busted out yesterday. Phil Ivey is looking strong...watch out for him to run with it. Check out the main event logs on Cardplayer.com for updates.

On a similar note, I decided to deposit some funds in my poker account last night. Just a cool $50 to get started, have some fun. Well, let's just say I'm now out of $50. Tried to steamroll too many hands but I have to say that I ran into some monsters that killed me and I'm not talking high pocket-pair starting variety. I mean 1 and 2 outers that these idiots were hitting with 9-4 suited (or am I the idiot?). Have I given up the internet game? Highly unlikely, but it just reaffirms what I've been thinking...I'm a much better 'live' player. You can't really sense 'feel' online, you have to rely on strict math. That didn't go well.

Probably off to Big D this Saturday. Buddy of mine and his girl are going to some pool party kegger type thing so I may be down for that in the afternoon. What to do that night is the question. Where are the nice ladies going to be? HOP???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home